I recently had the pleasure of meeting the members of Taunton Art Group to perform a live demonstration.
As with all my booked demo’s, took along a wide range of sketchbooks to page through and my essential sketching kit. The format consisted of:
- My background as an urban landscape artist
- My sketchbook journey
- My kit (pens, paints and paper)
- Understanding and using perspective
- The use of negative space when painting
- Continuous line drawing / fast sketching
- Sketching rhythm
- Scene simplification
- Sketching people
- Bold colour use / watercolour techniques
- Working large and small
I am pleased to say that demand for a full workshop was very strong and plans are now in place for 30th September 2023.